Click the icons below to access author handouts.
Studio B • Saturday evening, 5:30–7:30
Global New Music Interest Group Meeting
Gavin Lee (Soochow University), Chair
Join us for a series of short presentations and listenings on global musical modernisms, including works by composers from Japan, Singapore, South Korea, China, and Estonia.
- "Tomoko Deguchi (Winthrop University). "Toru Takemitsu, Far Calls, Coming, Far! (1980)"
- Anton Vishio (William Paterson University). "Jo Kondo, Paregmenon (2011)"
- Barry Wiener (NYC). "Akemi Naito, The Woman in the Dunes for solo percussionist (2012)"
- Jungmin Lee (Montclair State University). "Unsuk Chin, Cello Concerto (2008)"
- Gavin Lee (Soochow University, China). "John Sharpley, Emptiness (2002)"
- Amy Baur (UC Irvine). "Helena Tulve, L'Équinoxe de l'âme (The Equinox of the Soul) (2008)”
- Ya-Hui Cheng (University of South Florida). "Cui Jian, A Piece of Red Cloth (1991)”