This site is currently being rebuilt for the 2018 conference. Data may be incorrect, incomplete, or missing entirely.
Click the icons below to access author handouts.
After a short business meeting (5:15–5:30pm), we'll have six lightning talks on "light bulb moments," that is, moments when sketches or other archival documents provided significant new insights in understanding a musical work.
Alan Gosman (University of Arkansas), Moderator
Lightning Talks (5:30-6:00)
- Richard Beaudoin (Brandeis University), "Solti Marking Time in Mahler: Two Annotated Conducting Scores of the Fourth Symphony"
- Áine Heneghan (University of Michigan), "An Index and 'Komposition mit zwölf Tönen'"
- Patricia Hall (University of Michigan), "Compositional Evolution in Alban Berg's Lulu"
- Discussion (6:00–6:15)
Lightning Talks (6:30-7:00)
- C. Catherine Losada (University of Cincinnati), "Sketches, Compositional Process and Form"
- Laura Emmery (Emory University), "The Elliott Carter Collection at the Paul Sacher Stiftung: The String Quartets"
- Joshua DeVries (University of Michigan), "HOPE (George Crumb's Black Angels)"
- Discussion (7:00–7:15)