This site is currently being rebuilt for the 2018 conference. Data may be incorrect, incomplete, or missing entirely.
Click the icons below to access author handouts.
We will be holding a poster session for computational and corpus projects. All are welcome to attend.
- Michael Austin, Howard University
“Liberté, Égalité, et L'intelligence Musicale Artificielle: Ethical Implications of Algorithmic Bias and Value Alignment in Musical Informatics”
- Lindsay Warrenburg, Ohio State University
“Assembling a Database of Validated Audio Stimuli: Evaluating Valence in Musical and Non-music Sounds”
- Connor Davis, Louisiana State University
“Stylistic Norms and Change in 16th Century Mass Movements: a corpus study”
- Brent Yorgason, Brigham Young University
"The Film Score Themes of Max Steiner: A Corpus Study"
- Neils Chr. Hansen and David Huron, Ohio State University
"Does solo instrumentation convey sadness in orchestral music?"
- David Baker, Louisiana State University
"Modeling Performance on Aural Skills Examinations?"
- Caitlyn Trevor, Ohio State University
“Signaling Fear in Horror Movie Soundtracks: The Use of Acoustic Features of Human Screams”