This site is currently being rebuilt for the 2018 conference. Data may be incorrect, incomplete, or missing entirely.
Click the icons below to access author handouts.
The session will include presentations from scholars on activism in academia in the broadest terms. The presentations will include:
- Molly Murdock, PhD Student, Eastman School of Music
- Stephen Lett, PhD Student, University of Michigan
"Activating Theorists/Activating Theory."
- Clare Eng, Associate Professor, Belmont University
"There is no such thing as work-family balance"
- Michael Buchler, Associate Professor, Florida State University
"You Can Keep Politics Out of the Classroom but You Can't Keep the Classroom out of Politics: Why Faculty Unions Matter."
- J. Daniel Jenkins, Associate Professor, University of South Carolina
"Teaching Music Theory to Inmates after #MNkerfuffle."
Each presenter will give a short paper and then respond to those in attendance.
For more information about the SSRIG and our activities, please visit our website.