Sunday, November 15, 3:00–6:00 CST
Catherine Nolan, Chair
Substantial Similarity and the Role of Forensic Musicology in Music Copyright Litigation (AMS Platform)
- Katherine Leo, Can You Copyright a Chord Progression?: Evaluating Harmonic Similarity in Federal Copyright Litigation
- Alexander Stewart, Melody, “Beats,” and Minimalism: Protectability in Contemporary Popular Music
- Devin Chaloux, When Analysis is Performance, What Ethical Guidelines Must Forensic Musicologists Consider?
- Dana DeVlieger, Searching for Similarity: Confirmation Bias in Partisan Forensic Musicology
- Andre Redwood, Sharp Contrasts on “Blurred Lines”: Williams v. Gaye and a Clash of Amici